What is an outdoor cabin sauna?
The Outdoor Cabin Sauna is a traditional square box that has two-level benches.
This allows you to have different levels of heat. The outdoor version includes a peaked roof and cedar shingles. You can also choose from a variety of bench styles and heater selections, among other options.
If you are looking for a traditional sauna experience, then an outdoor cabin sauna is a great option.
Cabin saunas are also easy to build and they are relatively inexpensive. If you are handy, you can even build one yourself.
Benefits of outdoor saunas
There are many benefits of having an outdoor sauna, but some of the most popular ones include:
1. Relaxation: Saunas are known for their ability to relax the mind and body. The heat helps to release tension and stress, while the steam can help to open up your pores and detoxify your skin.
2. Weight loss: Saunas can also help you to lose weight. The heat helps to boost your metabolism and burn calories.
3. Improved circulation: The heat from the sauna can also help to improve your circulation. This is beneficial for those who suffer from conditions like arthritis or chronic pain.
4. Detoxification: As we mentioned before, the steam from the sauna can help to open up your pores and flush out toxins. This can help to improve your complexion and overall health.
5. Pain relief: The heat from the sauna can also help to relieve pain. This is beneficial for those who suffer from conditions like arthritis or chronic pain.
6. Reduced stress: The relaxation that comes from a sauna can also help to reduce stress. This can lead to better sleep and overall improved health.
7. Immunity boost: The steam from the sauna can also help to improve your immunity. This is beneficial for those who are susceptible to colds and flu.
How much does an outdoor sauna kit cost?
When it comes to the cost of outdoor cabin sauna kits, it depends on a few things, including:
1. The size of the sauna: The size of the outdoor sauna will affect the price. If you want a larger sauna, then it will be more expensive.
2. The type of wood: Wood is probably the most important factor when it comes to the cost of the sauna. If you want higher-quality wood such as cedar or redwood, then it will be more expensive. On the other hand, if you go with a cheaper wood such as pine, then it will be less expensive.
3. The type of heater: The type of heater that you use for your sauna will also affect the price. If you want a higher-quality heater, then it will be more expensive. A wood-burning heater will be a lot cheaper than an electric heater or infrared heater.
4. Accessories: If you are looking for a tempered glass door, cedar shake roof, or other accessories such as a stereo system, then it will be more expensive. If you want to keep things simple, then it will be less expensive.
Different types of cabin saunas
There are mainly four types of cabin saunas available on the market:
1. Pre-fabricated saunas
These are the most popular types of cabin saunas. They come in a variety of sizes and they are easy to assemble. The downside of a prefab sauna is that they are usually more expensive than other types of saunas.
The key feature of this type of sauna is that it can be used indoors or outdoors. They come with an electric heater and they are made from a high-quality wood such as cedar.
2. Infrared saunas
Infrared saunas are becoming more popular because of their health benefits. They use infrared light to heat the body, and they are known for their ability to detoxify the body, improve circulation, and boost immunity.
The downside of infrared saunas is that they are more expensive than other types of saunas. They also need to be used indoors because the light can be harmful to the eyes.
3. Wood-burning saunas
Wood-burning saunas use a wood-burning stove to generate heat. The wood stove uses a ventilation pipe that goes through the ceiling to release the smoke. Wood-burning saunas are more traditional, and they are usually cheaper than other types of saunas.
4. Electric saunas
Electric saunas are known for their low maintenance and easy-to-setup features. All you have to do is just plug in the sauna and turn it on.
They use an electric heater to generate dry heat, so if you are looking for a dry sauna experience, you can go with electric heaters. These heaters are also sold at a reasonable price and they are quiet when in operation.
How to build outdoor cabin saunas?
So now that we know one or two things about cabin saunas, now let’s find out how you can build one.
1. Choose the location
The first thing that you need to do is to choose a location for your sauna. It is important to choose a level spot that is close to an electrical outlet. Since you will be building an outdoor sauna, you also need to make sure that the location is far away from any trees or shrubs.
2. Prepare the foundation
Once you have chosen the location, the next step is to prepare the foundation. You need to dig a hole that is about two feet deep and four feet wide. The hole should be big enough for the sauna kit that you will be using.
3. Set the floor frame
Setting the frame can be a bit of a challenge, but it is important to make sure that the frame is level. Once the floor frame is set, you can then start putting in the walls. Start attaching the bottom plates to the floor frame and then attach the studs.
4. Install the roof
When installing the roof, you need to make sure that the roof is slanted so that the rain and snow can run off easily. You can use asphalt shingles or metal roofing for the sauna cabin. You can find all the materials in your sauna kit.
5. Set up the accessories
The last thing that you need to do is to set up the accessories. This includes the doors, windows, and vents. You can also add a wood-burning stove if you want to.
Once you have followed all the steps, your outdoor sauna cabin will be ready to use.
6. Test your sauna
After you have built your sauna, it is important to test it out before you start using it. You need to make sure that the doors and windows are properly sealed. You also need to check the temperature inside the sauna cabin. If you find some isn’t working properly, you need to make the necessary adjustments.
Once you have built your sauna, it is important to maintain it properly. This includes cleaning the cabin regularly and making sure that the doors and windows are properly sealed. You also need to check the temperature inside the sauna cabin regularly.
So there you have it! Now you can build your home sauna without any problem. Just follow the steps and you will be able to enjoy the benefits of having a sauna in your own home. If you feel stuck, make sure to ask for help from a professional. And lastly, don’t forget to have fun!